Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T my mastercam is possessed!

eek.gif

I don't know wheter this one should go in off topic or mastercam forum.

Today I saw my MC acting weird....

(1). when i try to reselect my drive surfaces suddenly the view reset to another view all by itself but never repaints the screen.

(2). there was one moment i think saw my level manager had geometries on levels that I never used. when i close and call the level manager again it dissapered! cuckoo.gif

i'm not sure wheter something with me or the software. (I've spent 2 days working with Mastercam). Does anybody have any weird experience using MC? I got to take a break!

-Yogesh

I used to oversee a half dozen Mastercam seat. I would get reports of all kinds of weird stuff. Always in groups or clusters. I think since Mastercam is a older style program it does not clean up after itself very well.

You need to close the program and reboot. Just closing the program is not enough. If a gobal setting gets messed up restarting is the only fix. I got to the point when a programmer compained I just said reboot and call me if that doesnt fix it. Works 90% of the time.

It's not possessed.........

It's the Ghost of X-Mas Future. biggrin.gif

===========

Level numbers will change when you save and re-open mastercam. It's best to Name the new Cplanes. Names will always be the same. But it shouldn't effect your toolpath. It's the same toolpath with a different plane #.

Also: if your in Top Plane and you open a toolpath that was set to the Front, when you go to select additional geometry, it will be in front.

Mike Mattera