Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Rough with Cplane and Tplane different

I am roughing a steep walled part where I have set a the tplane to be differnt to the cplane. Reason the cplane and containment boundries are perpendicular to the outside of the stock but the tplane is at 45degrees. Therfore it is calulating everything with the cplane but the b axis is set at 45degrees. I need to do this because I run out of z down travel and I am machining right down to the table.

Would like to use Surface>rough>pocket. But I get an error when calulating the path. Surface>rough>parrallel works but isn't quite as efficent as the pocket option but maybe I will have to use this, but it is worth asking if the pocket option is possible. I don't want to make the cplane the same as the tplane (ie at 45degrees) since there will be a lot of time cutting air.

Any help most appreachiated. Thanks.

Use a rest milling toolpath.

Create a toolpath that machines the job to the shape you have and turn posting off.Then use this Toolapth as a Ref for a rest mill toolpath.

Or creare an STL from the modal if it is solids and use the STL file as a ref for the restmill Toolpath.

HTH cheers.gifcheers.gif