Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

corrupt entities

userofthecam

We have three different people pulling-up files and saving onto the network, everything was fine and dandy until this week. I am getting an error that says "6 Corrupt Entities were not brought in" (just one example, this is happening on different files), the problem is that it's not saving the changes that were made to the parts. I know that it's not video card related. We are dealing with a few hundred people getting these parts and they are very unforgiving when they make a change and the next time they get their parts, the change was not made. banghead.gif

IMO that is a MC weakness. To protect yourself, and your customers, what we did was institute a strict file structure where there is always a master file that is the latest part data, and anyone who opens a file for machining purposes uses different "coded" file names so no-one can save over each other, etc.

Another thing to look at is the MC config files on the three keys using the same files. Some settings can cause problems if not the same in all boxes.

• 1 month later...

when i have this error message "Corrupt Entities were not brought in"during the file opening,i found that a few surfaces suddenly went missing!and the weird thing was that the surfaces missing

were part of drive surfaces in a toolpath but there were no "x" mark on the toolpath,needing no regen,and when verifying everything looks ok.but if i regen the toolpath,and verify the missing drive surfaces it will then show up the lost profile cause by the missing surfaces.can anybody give some idea regarding this phenomenon?