Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problems with importing dxf files

Mike Annetts

Hi

I'm answering as if you wanted to use Corel for the raster to vector ,and your school is not shopping for an R2V software.

This is what I used to do about 1995.I used the sketch option in Corel and draw as a trace over my jpeg (this makes fewer lines than auto).In M.C. I would put the original DXF on A different lever than my working level.Then I would draw over it with a different color.This was my way to make art work for engraving logos.This is not what I use today but I was hoping this would help.

Hi mike

IF you're using corel Trace, before converting into DXF, try to click on the "centerline" button. If "outline" button was selected, then you probably got two line in Mastercam for on line in the jpeg.

So I don't know if you have Corel Trace but I supposed if you converted drawing. smile.gif

Thanks for the reply

We are basicaly just opening a corel clipart and stripping the colors and then exporting straight to mastercam. There is no tracing or secondary steps. Like I said before we get tons of little lines and double lines. I have tried ungrouping the clipart before exporting and leaving it grouped with the same results.

mike confused.gif

Can I have a try at that file? I have some tentative ideaas, which might work.

Even if you have made the part, I would still like to have the DXF file (and the CDR file, if available), as I might meet the same problem at some future time.

If you can send the file to me, please send it to both [email protected] and [email protected] (the latter is my private e-mail adress).

craebild,

Just so you know you can use the FTP for ths files that you want too.

I also think that the files are up there let me check.

For some people this is easer.

JM2C

More info for you the files you want are on the FTP under pictuer.

There you will find another folder that says anchor,inside of there is the files.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]