Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kernel Interface Error

Kevin in MI

I tried to convert an autocad file with the dwg converter in V8 and I received this message.

Parasolid ® Kernel Interface Error: RTTOMP to many parents

It was a solid model. I tried it exploded and not. When I view the file it only gives me one part with a few splines from another part. Any ideas what's wrong. Thanks for any help

Sorry, it was tried from autocad14 and 2000. It's an assembly file and ,wouldn't you know it, the part I need to machine is the part that doesn't convert. Go figure. I tried to have the designer save just the part to a separate file and even that doesn't work. I brought it over as an IGES and it converts, but we paid extra for the ACad converter so I just thought that it should work. Where I work, we are not allowed internet access or an open phone line so any communications have to be through the supervisor. Talk about a pain. I'm writing this from home. Thanks for your help so far.

[ 09-27-2001: Message edited by: Kevin in MI ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Next time. if you have a problem file, you can try "acisout" from the command line. This will export an SAT file which can then be read into Mastercam directly. Though, it sounds like some of the Solid Face definitions are bad which gives you the error in the ACAD conversion so you have the same problem. Never mind. You really should send that file to Mastercam Quality Control to see if they can fix that (if it's possible) for future releases.