Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Video Cards - Bullines Wallet Friendly Pick

CAM-mando

Bullines, Whats the Wallet Friendly Pick For X Graphics Cards ?

Although we are not upgrading to Version X for a "few months". I am specing out new computers to be purchased now.

I couldn't tell if the System requirements page had been updated (it looked like it was for v9).

I know there has been some discussion, but now that everyone is playing with X feel free to post what you have found here.

CAM, have a look...

Hardware requirements

Processor

1.5 GHz Intel processor.

(May run on AMD but untested and unsupported.)

Operating System

Windows XP ® (preferred) or Windows 2000 ® , including the latest service packs and recommended updates.

.NET 1.1 framework.

DirectX ® version 9.0c.

Memory

512MB System RAM (minimum). However, your use of the software could require more RAM to ensure optimal performance.

Graphics Card

64MB OpenGL-compatible graphics card (minimum) Full acceleration recommended.

When working with shaded surfaces or solids on a regular basis, a card with at least 128MB of RAM improves system performance.

DPI setting should not exceed 96 DPI. In Windows 2000 this is tied to font size; in Windows XP it is not.

Hard Disk Drive Space

1GB available hard disk space (minimum).

Monitor

1024 X 768 resolution (minimum).

1280 X 1024 resolution (recommended).

Mouse

2-button (minimum).

3-button or 2 button with middle mouse wheel (recommended).

Network Protocol

( NetHASP users only ) TCP/IP protocol for NetHASP installation; VPN is unsupported.

Additional supported hardware :

Dual monitors.

Multiprocessors.

Spaceball Motion Controllers.

Notes:

· Dual Monitors are supported in that you can move any dialog box to any screen you want and they will continue to appear there.

· Multiprocessors are supported in that if your O/S supports it, you can run a copy of Mastercam on each one. We do not support multi-threading.

Monitor resolution and screen area

Optimum resolution for Mastercam X is 96 dpi (Normal). Using the large font Windows® 2000 display setting (larger than 96 dpi) can cause some Mastercam X dialogs and icons to display incorrectly. If you are using Windows XP, you should be able to set the fonts independently of the dpi. At 1280 x 1024 pixels with higher dpi, the ribbon bars might not fit. Do not use a screen resolution (area) 800 x 600 pixels.

quote:

Graphics Card

64MB OpenGL-compatible graphics card (minimum) Full acceleration recommended.

When working with shaded surfaces or solids on a regular basis, a card with at least 128MB of RAM improves system performance.

DPI setting should not exceed 96 DPI. In Windows 2000 this is tied to font size; in Windows XP it is not.

Yeh I read that, but in the past Mr. Bullines had a little more specific write up with a high end card and a mid-level card. I know alot of the compatibility issues go away now that it is a windoz app, but some cards still have more issues than others.

The Graphics engine in our KeyCreator CAD software for example uses HOOPS graphics from Tech Soft America. Tech Soft has a huge list of TESTED and untested video cards.

As the minimum sys requirements says "Full Acceleration Recommended". As you know IF you have graphics issues the first thing you do is back off the acceleration. I would like to be assured I will not have to do that wink.gif