Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

S10 Code

JAMMAN

Hello all,

I sent a file to the fabulous FTP site called "s10code.zip". It's in the "all nc programs" folder. Has anyone seen this before? Test.s10 is the program and S10stone.cff is the post to create it. The machine reseller knows nothing and the controller manufacturer says parts of it are propriatary and there is no way to get a map from the machine manufacturer. How much of this is BS I'm not quite sure, and parts of the code I have allready added to my Mastercam post. There is one specific routine it uses that I haven't been able to reverse to my post because it calls subs allready in the controller, a little beyond what I have had to deal with in the past.Any clues would be helpful. I am the only person on the planet that is using Mastercam to drive these Italian paperweights.

Jim

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Are the Subs it's calling for toolchanges? If so, I've written a post for a Hendrick Router that calls subs resident inthe control.

A little more info may be in order.

Thank you James for your reply.

No, it uses a regular "M6" for toolchange which does call a sub. The sub routine I'm trying to dupe keeps a constant pressure against the part during polishing, reading the pressure factor from the tool register, ties it in with spindle draw, then corrects the diameter in the register at the end of the routine. Comp in controller. However, I'm not asking anyone for post mods, I just want to understand the language and maybe get some manuals on it. There are all kinds of tricks a person could do if the manufacturer would let someone in on the code. Maybe I want to understand the un-understandible............

Jim

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Jim,

Looks like a pretty complex macro in the control itself if I'm reading it correctly. How exactly does it gage wear? Or is that what you are trying to figure out?

The first manual I'd get is an Italian-English Dictionary. biggrin.gif From my experience with Jinglish, errrrr Fanuc manuals, the explanations offerred are probably basic at best if an explanation exists at all. Good luck. Is there an American A/E that might be sympathetic to your cause for understanding or is there only "Company" guys that you deal with?