Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

error none post not found

Rick46

Every time I open a MC X with no part in it I go to the machine type select control definition manager and from there I go directly to my operation defaults for I want my defaults the saem on the machines I use. well soon as I slect the operation defaults tab I get the error that states error. warning .. error opening C:mcacxmillpostsnone.pst .. why is this doing this and then when I make changes it says focus being lost from operation defaults page. changes to this page must be saved locally. do you wish to save this file. Now why would it ask me If I want to save it it the focus on it is being lost.. I have also crashed MC X out to the point it says contract expired no valid sim found error opening all other kinds of files then it eventually shuts down..I dont think all the bugs have been worked out of X just yet...nice looking interface but much more cifficulties and problems I have ever ran into with a upgrade of MC since version 7.. and yes I have the manual here right by myside reading it step by step to do what Im trying to do and I get errors everytime I do something so then I wonder if it corrupting stuff or working right at all...

banghead.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

sr,

My experience is that it's best to first go to Machine Definition, and pick a machine that matches the axis setup of your own machines (i.e. MIll 3 axis VMC). A Control Definition is already assigned to that machine. Then you can go into the Control Def and change it's Operation Defaults and add a new post processor to it.

One of the great things about Version X is how far the Help info has come along. With the Operations Defaults focus warning, if you press the help button it explains why this message is coming up, and what to do about it.

Are you also printing via the hasp in the parallel port? This may have something to do with X "losing" the hasp. Or are you a client running the Nethasp? If so, were you using the same setup in V9?

For some reason its not throwing up the error about the none post when editing my exisiting definition now.. and I understand the focus being lost due to that fact its save in a different file and not the control file itself.. its just a standard parellel port hasp. not using printer on it... I might go in and try what you said about modifying prexisting machine definitions.... thanks...

If you go to the CDM do you then open an exising definition or create a new one. If you are creating a new one and then obviosuly there is no post selected.

If you are loading a Control then make sure that you are editing the correct definition inside the control.

To make a long story short, you can have many defintions inside of one control file. The product and post are the identifiers of each definition. So when you open a Control file for editing you need to check to see what is displayed in the post field. This should be your post and none or default. You can use the existing definitions button to select the right definition as well.

As far as editing the operations setting from the CDM if you are in the operations defaults and then select another control topic without first saving the operation defaults file then you get the focus lost warning.

The default operations ARE NOT stored in the CD, the CDM just allows editing these external files and selecting which one to assign to the CD so it will NOT automatically save changes when changing focus.

Hope this helps.

If you are loading a Control then make sure that you are editing the correct definition inside the control.

If I do it this way I get none.pst not found. If I load a MDM first then go to CDM I have no issues then when I modify my operations I save as default settings and I still get focus being lost which is normal from what Im understanding cause its saving this info into another file..So once I save my settings as my defaults I should exit out instead of selecting the check mark and then I have no issues. If I go directly yo MDM and edit it from there I get all kinds of issues in the end about no axis are defined with this machine setup and it loses everything vital for it to even work properly if I save it... have done this already....theres just way to many different procedures you have to go through to save things to make them take effect globally or locally and makes this version much more difficult to grasp then previous versions.. I only had to work in two specific areas in previous versions to get my results but this is a whole new ballgame... and Im not winning by any means...Im hoping our reseller stops buy sometime soon and make heads or tails from it cause from what you guys are telling me to do cant be done on my setup Im using here...