Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify dialog box positioning?

gavetta

Ok maybe this is just me and my set up but does anyone know how to change the position of where the verify and some of the other dialog boxes defaultly open up. Every time I open Verify in tool manager, the green check buttonand red x are always below the screen so that I have to move the dialog box to get to the buttons at the bottom. Maybe this seems like I'm whining but I would really like these dialog boxes to open up in a different place. Anyone else have this happen or have a solution or am I just stupid and not seeing how to fix this? banghead.gif

What resolutions are you guys using? It's designed for 1280 x 1024 and if you're running anything less you will see this happen. I am running 1024 x 768 (because my lcd monitor won't go any higher) and see the same thing. Ideally it would be nice to have it save the dialog positions wherever they are when you last OK'd out of them. It looks like the dialog locations are in the registry but I'm not sure yet which number the Verify dialog is. Maybe someone from CNC can comment on this.

The system DPI also affect this. In Windows 2000 the DPI is tied to your Windows system fonts, large fonts = 120 DP1. We are working on something now that should cure it in the near future. In XP you can run large fonts and keep the DPI at 96 rather than 120.

Right-click on your Windows Desktop, go to Properties, and pick the Advanced button to see what i mean.

Thanks for the help guys. I've made a couple of adjustments to the icon and font size and that helps.

Ken, I'm glad to see you guys are aware and are working on a fix. Nice to know CNC listens to the users..........even if we sometimes "whine" about the little things cheers.gif