Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Engraving Numbers in Sequence

Ron_Roy

Howdy All,

I have to engrave the numbers from 0 to 49 in sequence on a specified diameter. It looks like I am going to have to use create>letters >drafting, then manually rotate all my numbers until they are centered every 7.2 degrees. AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

I can create exactly what I want using notes in a very short time - does anyone know if I can turn notes into geometry?

I won't even mention that I have to mirror the program as well. frown.gif

Can anyone help??

Thanks, I'll go back to my rotating and await an answer.

Ron

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Ron_Roy ]

I would try to use 'create-next menu-letters-file-box and use 'write letters on an arc-yes'. With a little adjusting, you should be able to do this job fairly fast. Set your Z depth to the depth of cut; the letters are generated as geometry.

Create your letters in gview #4 or mirror them.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: BerTau ]

Howdy,

I'm afraid it won't work like that Cadcam.

I can create the numbers on an arc but they will not be evenly spaced every 7.2 degrees. A number "1" takes up a different amount of space than a "45".

I'm drawing a 6.7" circle for the numbers. If you draw a vertical line then rotate 50 times (7.2 degrees) about the origin try to see if your numbers (0 to 49) are centered on the lines when you create them.

It's driving me nuts!!!

Thanks

Ron

Man you guys are fast!

I was responding to Cadcam and bam 2 more replies!

Thanks

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Ron_Roy ]

Hi

I made a 360 degree dial this month.

the timing lines were about 10 degree,s apart. The lettering on the print was a little bit off of lines, and it wasn't consitant.(no cad)

This is what I did ::::::

Create letters -on A top arc.

Create only one digit

Rotate all entities about origin

Repeat.

I know its not a magic software key but it was quick,and exactly to print. biggrin.gif

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Thanks for all the feedback!

Just in case you ever need to do it here is how I did it - thanks to Andy.

I used create>drafting>Note and entered "0" and positioned it at 90 Degrees. Then I Xform>Rotate and rotated it about the origin 50 times. Then I used drafting>edit and changed each number sequentially. Then I used modify>break>draft/line. This changed the Notes to geometry and I was able to make a toolpath.

Next time I'll ask my question FIRST, instead of wasting 2 hours of my time.

Thanks again everybody for the feed back.

Ron