Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mill Tool Verification

Vishu

In Mill, tool verification for custom tool profile is not displayed.

The program accepts the the tool profile, displays it on the image, regenerates the operation, even in backplotting the tool is appearing, but when it comes to verify the custom tools alone are not appearing or not simulating the toolpath.

Can anyone please help me out on this.

Thanks

Viswanathan

Which Mcam version are you using?

But I guess it's because you drew tool geometry BELOW X-axis. It's working in backplot but not in verify. This problem appeared with V9.1 (worked fine with v9.0). Really annoying as there is no other way to set tool length compensation (tooltip control). I reported that bug a few months (years?) ago.

I'm using V9.1MR304.Is problem still there with V10?

Yes. I am also using v9.1MR304 version of Mastercam. How should i create the tool geometry to be free from this bug. Can i create the tool profile with tool tip as 0,0,0.

How does the tool profile .mc9 files go with the parent mc9 files if i have to shift to another machine. Please help me on this

Thanks

The only tip i found to verify correctly is to draw as you said (tooltip=Y0) then to add 'minus' length needed in field 'Z stock to leave'... But don't forget to enter right value before posting!

For your problem about tool geometry file, there is no association with parent so it's safier (especially if you're saving your files with network paths...) to draw tool geometries within your .MC9 mill file. Draw them on a layer (in top view without WCS) then in tool parameters use 'number layer' instead of 'file name'