Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

auxillary functions

mowens

The Manual ent toolpath could be used as well - although it's typically set up for comments in the code.

In V8, you can write out the Manual ent toolpath with two different internal codes. It's possible to pick one style up in the post processor as a comment (output with brackets) and the other style as a manual code entry (without brackets). This will require post processor services from your reseller.

Thanks for your help. I have a related question now. When I use the canned text option in the nc parameters menu, the canned text it lists is 1. text1

2. text2

etc.

However, when my co-worker uses his canned text option, the text corresponds to the mpfan post, as noted in the previous reply. We are both running V8. Is there something I need to change in my configuration settings?

Thanks for your help. This forum has allowed me, a new Mastercam user, to come up to speed much faster than having to figure it out alone.

mowens,

In my Fadal.pst:

I use a misc. variable (10) set to 1 at a point location to call a post section that has a program stop sequence:

at:

ptlchg0 # Null tool change

if mi10=1, pstop

pstop # program stop

n, "G00 G49 M47 Z0 M5", e

n, "E0 X0 Y0", e

n, "M00( PROGRAM STOP)", e

pss, e

n, "E1", *xr, *yr, e

n, ptllncomp,e

mi10=0

I would be happy to provide more detail if you are interested..

- Kathy

Mill Level 3, Version 8

------------------

Kathy Richardson

Mfg. Engineer, CNC Programming

Applied Aerospace Structures Corp. (AASC), Stockton, CA

phone: 209-983-3203

fax: 209-983-3375