Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine definition help - 5axis

Bruce Caulley

G'day all

I was looking through the machine definition that was created for our deckel DMU50e's by the update post utility and noticed that the axis definitions weren't right.

The table group has X,Y and A, and the spindle group has Z,B and C. headscratch.gif Also none of them is defined as nutating.

Shouldn't X,Y and Z be on the spindle and B and C on the table with B defined as 45degree nutating?????? These machines don't have an A axis.

I think this might be why the stock is sideways when verifying.

Any help appreciated.

Bruce

Bruce:

My Machine definitions looks also funny.

In my 5-Axis Head-Table Is an A axis on the table.

I don´t have any A axis.

But posting is correct. I compare a V9 file with an X file and no difference.

I asume that my old post had all settings for switch between A and B axis depending of setings. I use B but the PostUpdate.dll utility take both axis as valid.

HTH

We haven't posted any code with X yet. Still playing around. The thing I have found is that when verifying the stock is not in the correct orientation. I.e I selct the corners of the bounding box as my stock, but the tool ends up cutting it as if it was sideways. The tool orientation is correct, but the stock has twisted 90 degrees. I thought it was a wcs issue at first when using a different machine definition, but now don't know.

Bruce

Bruce just a thought Vericut does the same thing.I asume your talking about a Horizontal machine?

Vericut doesn't think Front as being where the spindle rather top so I rotate the stock -90 in right side c/plane and all is good.

I too have not used X for a job on the floor,I aslo have not yet tackled my 5-axis machines.

David,

The stl I used was just my fixture setup saved from MC so the coordinate system should be the same. Machines are 5axis vertical.

It is a similar problem to V9 where if the WCS wasn't top or set to the same WCS as the first op you were verifying the stock would be upside down. Strange thing is that the WCS and toolplanes are set to top and the first op verified is top also.

The only way I can get a verify is if I define the stock in the machine group settings and check the stock setup as the stock size.

Bruce