Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Alt A ???

Threept82

Hi Guys

Does anyone out there in MC land have trouble with the Alt-A save option in "X". In Ver9 I have my settings as save using active mastercam file name and promt befroe saving both checked off. So Alt-A and press save MC askes me if its ok to save.

The same settings in "X" and MC doesn't save or ask to save It does nothing. frown.gif

If you do a search on this there is plenty of info about it.

The short of it is if you use ALT +A as save then you'll have to remap your ALT + A to file save.

ALT + A simply activates the autosave feature, it does not do a save as in V9.

HTH

If I have a file on the screen, pressing ALT-A will save the file silently in Macm X (although a tooltip message appears briefly... too briefly to read if the file is a simple one!) This is because I haven't got "prompt before saving file" checked in my Autosave settings.

Take a look at Screen/Configuration/Files. If you set it to prompt you before saving, then everytime you press ALT-A, the autosave dialog will come up.

[EDIT] I did not have to remap ALT-A to Autosave on my system. I will say that I am beta testing the SP1 update, although I doubt if this would change my key assignments.

Threept82,

I guess we approach Autosave a little differently - sorry that the change isn't going to work out for you.

I actually found it annoying in V9 that even though I did not want Autosave to prompt me before saving the file, pressing ALT-A still brought up the Autosave window... hey I said don't prompt me!! mad.gif

After all I'm the one who pressed ALT-A, so I have already decided that it is OK to save the file.

I have to say X is working better for me this way.