Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Reverse Posting in X?

Bill

I am having a bugger of time. The post update had no errors, but a few quirks.

I just SMASHED a cutter on a shut-off surface that did not show up with backplot or verify.

Is there still a way to reverse post process an NC back to NCI so I can verify its a post issue?

Please someone help.

Thank you.

Reverse posting was supported in 9 using a slightly different engine than normal posting. It had several notable limitations in what could be reversed and what could not. This feature is not currently supported in X, but if you have a seat of 9, it should have with it RPFAN.pst, the only reverse post that was supported (I believe).

There are also utilities out there that allow you to "backplot" an NC file. As someone fairly new to the machining industry, I can't recommend one in particular, but I'm sure the forum has one in mind.

Jon Griffin

Software Engineer

CNC Software

Well I found the culprit.

My general habit is clear the cutting surface with and absolute retract above the steel. I haven't set all the parameters in X yet.

And I am running the block in an f'n fadal.

Rapid retract .250 inc. from point a to point b shows exactly that in backplot and verify and the Gcode. But Fadal in their wisdom do not run point to point but rather on a 45 degree angle until in axis coordinate is acheieved.

Needless to say the 45 degree run went into my shutoff blew the cutter inserts out and by the time the op got there had melted down the insert tool.

I will now go and change all my op parameters to exit stell in absolute.

Thanks for everyone's help.