Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ok i need help now.Win XP

cadcam

quote:

but it often died when I turned off the windows

I am kinda confused by it died when i turned off windows.

Can you give me a little more on this thought? confused.gif

All so did you do an upgrade or a fresh install?

Was it WinXP Home or Pro OR Corp?

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Thanks dave had all ready gone that path for both keys.

I really cant tell witch one did the trick as i did a few things at once,but that was one of them.

But i did get both keys to work.

Now i just need to play some more see how it works.

thanks hope all is well.

So Bullines,

Are you saying that even the home version really is NT but without all the security?

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: cadcam ]

You got it, Jay. They're finally ditching that old 9x kernel, which is actually the MS-DOS kernel that has just been patched a zillion times up to Windows ME. So we can all now kiss that crappy 9x kernel goodbye and a famous saying now goes out the window biggrin.gif:

Microsoft Windows: A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.

The main difference between XP Home and Pro will mostly come down to features. XP Home will include stuff that you'd normally find in a commercial OS like the video editing software they introduced in ME. XP Pro will include features that you'd normally find in a business OS like the file encryption feature introduced in Windows 2000. Microsoft has a kind of cheesy, but somewhat informative comparison at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/ho...y/choosing2.asp

quote:

If I had an extra "non-critical" system, I'd probably install it to test it out, but I don't

I understand that. I am trying it on a hard drive swop on my demo box.

So once i have it all set up i can just move out the drive from the front of the computer.

I take it you don,t have a extra drive laying around.

Well as i play i will try and let every one else know my thoughts.

quote:

I take it you don,t have a extra drive laying around.

Well as i play i will try and let every one else know my thoughts.

Nope. I don't. I need one for my home system, though, but that's another story smile.gif

While you're playing with XP, you should post some screenshots of what you report to the forum on your FTP site.

I have heard from sources that CNC is investigating multiple video/memory/crash issues with XP. I have been told that as of now XP is NOT supported but all attempts will be made to remedy that (although v8.x is no longer in development, so updating to v9 - when it comes out - may be the only option).

• 2 weeks later...