Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Request for MR 1

g huns

Does anyone know if anything is in the works to allow for programming a constant tool angle of engagement?(keeps tool from engaging large amounts of material in corners) I know it's out there in the cam world and for high speed hard milling it looks to be a very useful tool. Oh yea, and when will we be able to move the toolpath/solids mgr to a second monitor. Not complainin, just wonderin.

[ 09-27-2005, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: g huns ]

Heard some mixed reaction to the HSM package, never had a chance to try it out. Once it's up and runnin for X(and I'm up and runnin for X) I'll check it out. Great article(other than who wrote it biggrin.gif ) in moldmaking tech. magazine about it. I've tried to explain this to people in the past but never could get it across this well.

I know what HSM is since we use it frequently, but, what's the HSM performance pack? This is the first I've ever heard of it. Is there any documentation to look at anywhere?

What about Knowledge Based Machining (KBM), and Automatic Feature Recognition (AFR), Does MC have the ability to take advantqage of these?

Its a really cool product guys.....

Contact your local reseller to check it out. Its worth the money if you have a machine capable of using its power (i.e. High Rapid/Feed rates, High Spindle speeds, Helical Interpolation, High NC Block look ahead, ect.) it has great tools for both High Speed machining and Hard Milling.

-Colin

www.multiaxis.com

g huns, if you compare the price of mastercam with hsm it is still not even close the price to any package that even some of the tools that the hsm and mastercam have between them. Also, you can purchase the Adaptive clearing seperatly from the hsm at a reduced amount. I'm guessing the adaptive clearing would pay for itself in the first week just in increased tool life, not even considering the reduced machining time. Depending on what you are doing your run time can be 1/2 of what it was. Sure you reduce machining time, reduced tooling costs, reduced programming time, blah, blah, blah. My favorite part is listening to it cut using the adaptive clearing. SWEEEEEET! Anyone thats run it knows exactly what I'm talking about.

HTH