Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Config Files

Lloyd

We are running Windows 2000 Pro.

There is more than one user at each seat (2 shifts). What I want is for Mastercam to start up using my config file instead of the default (lathe8.cfg) when I am logged on as the user. That way when I log on the network and start Mastercam all my settings are in place automatically (ex system colors, dimensioning defaults, file data paths)

Here is a way to use different config files.

Backup up your mill8.cfg although if you delete it mastercam will create a new one for you.

Use an editor to create a text file with the following in it:

copy yourname.cfg mill8.cfg

mill8

save the file as yourname.bat in your mcam8 directory. Then create a shortcut of yourname.BAT file and place it on your desktop.

Use this file to launch Mastercam

Hope this Helps

Regards Caledonian_Karl

Following in Karl's thought process, you can have your network admin add the copy command to each users login script. That way each person's .cfg file will be loaded whenever they log onto a computer. The only drawback this could have is if you log onto a computer that doesn't have Mastercam installed, you'll get an error (non-fatal, just an annoyance).

Another solution (under WinNT and Win2000) would be to install several instances of Mastercam on the PC, with each user having shortcuts on the desktop and in the Windows Start menu for their installed instance. With different shortcuts for different users, there is no need to copy any files at logon.

You can install Mastercam as many times you want, even on different computers, it just won't run without the HASP.