Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cplanes

KevinPro61

ok,

I have a 2" thick block and I want to work from the bottom side first. I set up a new wcs as a copy of the bottom wcs -2.00 in Z. I set my Tplane and Cplane to the new wcs. I spot and drill some holes thru. Now I want to work on the top side. I want to csink the holes that were drilled thru by copying the spot drill ops and changing the tplane and cplane to the top. When I do this all of the z values change relative to the original plane. I am sure there is a way of doing this so as to not loose my z values.

Thanks

Kevin

Is this for V9 or X? Just so you know, when you post a new message you can select from a variety of icons for your message. Recently, an X icon was added. This is helpful for other forum members. For example, if I see the lathe icon, I usually don't even read the post since I don't have lathe and I don't know anything about it.

Just some friendly advice.

Thad

If when you press F9 you see the brown system origin lines then one of two things has happened.

You either did not create a new WCS as you thought or that WCS is not active.

When you click on the WCS button do you see a listing for the new WCS you created?

If there is then click on it to activate it if not then you were not successful in creating a new one.

Hardmill placed a powerpoint tutorial on the FTP that is very informative on creating and manipulating the WCS. I'd suggest you check it out.

Here's the link for it

WCS Tutorial