Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X export to Acad 13?

John Morris

I'm opening Acad 2000 files in X and trying to save a .dwg using the R13 format option. When I do this none of the other applications we have around here can open it (ACAD LT98, Smartcam 11.5, QuickCAD 8). If I go back to V9 I can open the same Acad 2000 file and save back to a R13 formate using the converter option no problem. Is there a switch or an option I'm missing.

John

• 3 months later...

I wanted to know if there was a fix out yet. Right now I’m running MasterCam X SP1 update 3. When I go to save a MCX file as DWG with the Dim tol. Set with +/- on. When you bring the file back in MasterCam it shows as: 2.00 +.0002/-.005. Instead of the range above and below each other. Plus you can not change the settings after opening the DWG file?

There is a newer version of X (MR1/SP2) available that fixes the problem with properly outputting to various versions of DWG/DXF.

There are still some issues with dimensions (especially tolerances) being written OUT from Mastercam into AutoCAD. There are lots of internal differences between their dimensions and ours, and going back to AutoCAD has never been as high a priority as importing.