Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

A couple things...

?Mark

To start up in Design:

Settings->Configuration->Start/Exit

Make sure 'Default machine' is NOT checked

Make sure your shortcut command to run Mastercam does not have a /M, /L, /R option after it.

If you have created a file with toolpaths and want to start a new file in Design:

Machine Type -> Design

File -> New

If you command to run Mastercam has a /M /L or /R after it, and don't have 'Default machine' checked in Start/Exit, the machine selected in:

Settings->Configuration -> Mill/Lathe/Router Machine Definition

will be loaded at startup.

I hope this helps you out.

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Ok Bob, here goes.....

Default machine is NOT checked.

Shortcut command does NOT have /M, /L, or /R

As long as I'm in 'Design', the slate stays clean. However, is there a way to use 'Open' without having to revert to design first?.... or having to change to design after converting/opening a new file??

Not a big issue.... just lazy.. biggrin.gif

Noticed something else though too...

How do I clear out the Op manager of any machines? If you have a machine there (even without any toolpaths), switching to design doesn't remove the machine. If I'm switching machines, I have to add a machine first, then go back to the initial group and delete it.

And, this is also where the Machine Group Properties has problems. Some of the stuff will not stick from the defaults. In particular the "Tool Settings/Toolpath Configuration" stuff.

headscratch.gif

Several of us here are banghead.gif

cheers.gif

quote:

As long as I'm in 'Design', the slate stays clean. However, is there a way to use 'Open' without having to revert to design first?.... or having to change to design after converting/opening a new file??

There is no other way to do this currently. The software automatically initializes to whatever 'mode' (Mill, Lathe, Router) you are currently in when you select File->New

quote:

How do I clear out the Op manager of any machines? If you have a machine there (even without any toolpaths), switching to design doesn't remove the machine. If I'm switching machines, I have to add a machine first, then go back to the initial group and delete it.

Select Machine Type -> Design, then click on the Dynamite button (2nd from right) in the Operation Manager.

quote:

And, this is also where the Machine Group Properties has problems. Some of the stuff will not stick from the defaults. In particular the "Tool Settings/Toolpath Configuration" stuff.

We're working on this one...