Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

unstable operation manager

goldhntr

flame.gif

I am experiencing some instability in the operation manager. I believe it has to do with the advent of the red insertion arrow. When I have a large program I like to place operations in a group so I can minimize the group to keep the display of operations managable. It seem that for inconsistant reasons groups will expand without being prompted to do so. Its seems to coincide with the location of the insertion arrow (although not always). the insertion arrow doesn't even stay put. I find this very annoying. I would like to shut down the arrow altogether if possible.

The red arrow has been spoken about before here do a search. It can not be turned off.

It does take awhile to get use to it. I did not like it to start with but after you get use to it, or more the point remember to use it I like it.

It lets you insert toolpaths where you want them and not to the bottom of the active Group.It's also good for jobs that have Lathe machines and Milling machines in the one file.