Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Integrex Post

Mcam Nut

I am looking to get a post for a Mazak Integrex machine, we just got the machine running today. I have a post, but it keeps saying post expired. I was just wondering if any one may be able to help me out. I am kinda lost as far as editing a post for this kind of machine.

Well your best bet might be contacting your dealer and see what they have to offer. There should be a post out there for the Mazak. If not then I might recommend you get the one from the V9 disk and run it through the update utility in X if you had V9. Might have things not the way you want but if you ask spefic things we can help you fix them.

HTH

• 7 months later...

I've experienced a complete and total NIGHTMARE in trying to get a post for my Integrex. My dealer has strung me along for about 2 1/2 YEARS, now. I'd have never imagined that MasterCam could nearly bankrupt my business due to the unscrupulous practices of my reseller. I'm now pushing to get Brett's post. Even Mazak recommends In-House's Integrex post.

Best,

Evan Guy

Brett's Post Rocks..... Service after the sale is as good as the post itself, you need a fix or have a question, you wait 1-2 hours, and its done. I really have to say for the Integrex here is the best combo......

MR2 - Post from In-House - forget the box you used to think in, if you can't make it on an Integrex I would have to say it probally can't be made.......

cheers.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

I look forward to (hopefully) having an excellent post-processor, one day soon......

.....and yes, the Integrex is an AMAZING machine! I design and build many neat specialty tools and fixtures.....recently, I built a "gang tooling" block to incorporate 5 tools into 1....Where each part had previously required 5 tools changes, it now requires ZERO!!.....The biggest limitation in using an Integrex is likely one's own imagination.....

Thanks,

Evan Guy

Billetman, let me know how you make out with your post, we are now back to using mazatrol, and my boss refuses to sink anymore money into trying to get this post working, and as you probally know mazatrol is very limited for what this machine can do. I would like to get mcam to work, i hear that the v9 post works good, but cant seem to be able to get my hands on it. and we have tried the inhouse solutions post, they seem to work fine on the main spindle, but we were having alot of bugs doing anything else. we are a fairly small shop and cant afford to have this machine sit to get the post to work. I am hoping that someone finds a post to work on this thing soon, ours has expired so we cant even test it anymore. we have no problem buying a post, but will not buy a post that dosnt work. our subprograms seemd to work out ok from a mazatrol main, but with our post expired we cant even do that

I'm hopeful that I can soon realize a solution. The level of my work is very well-suited to MCAM, not Mazatrol. Mazak guys have seen my work and they agree with this assessment.

If I had known then what I know now, I would not have bought this machine. Granted Mill/Turn is the very pinnacle of difficult for CAM software and post-processors.

McamNut, I feel your pain, EVERY DAY! Heck, I'm even smaller than your "fairly small shop", I'm the only one here! The difficulty might be within me being able to procure outside of my regional dealer. My initial searches into finding an acceptable solution by finding another post-processor supplier have been squashed. Herein lies the problem. I sure wish I could do the deal with In-House. I recently called Mazak Headquarters and talked with the software guys...they also recommended In-House.

This has been an enormous problem. I only want it solved.

Best,

Evan

What post were you trying to use? We were thinking of trying to use a differnt post, but wasn't sure if there are any other posts out there any better. I think the reason the inhouse post isnt working out for us is because it is designed for standard mode, and our machine is setup in t32 mode, I was told from our mazak rep that using t32 mode is the better of the 2 for this machine, but i think i will try having it changed and see how that works

You might want to talk to your Mazak applications engineer, I know the oh mighty question is fround upon here but I do beleive that many people have worked on sollutions for the intergrex and Im sure they would share there info with you.

There are many people that say you need to buy it from your reseller but I have never been 100 % satisfied with them.

Yeah, we do have it changed to t32, but brett was saying some of our bugs may be caused from using the t32 format. I am going to talk to management to see if we can do some more tests on it, try to get the rest of the bugs out of it. I think we are close to having it.

cascadeclimbr, my reseller is actually fairly new to the integrex, he has directed me to Brett Thomas of In-house solutions, This post is the only one we have tested, but our mazak tech says the v-9 post works great, and cant figure out what is going on with our x post. i think if we have more time to test it, we will probally get the bugs out. but if anyone has any solutions, i am willing to try anything to get mcam working on this machine