Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post for Fagor 8025M Control

There is a post for the xxxxor 8025M on this site, under Posts, Educational Archive (these controls are used in both our industrial and educational markets). The post was written using a PDF version of the control manual, available from xxxxor. Although it looks like the posts are no charge, I actually have industrial users ship me a guitar for each post they download.

Arcs in the G18 plane are different from standard Fanuc and also the xxxxor 8055M - just to make things difficult. G2/G3 are flipped.

My guess is that tool offsets - both length and diameter are called by T1.1 (similar to the lathe offset call) - apply only properly in the G17 plane.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Indeed. I've been drumming for about 15 years now, after some more formal training on piano and brass instruments.

Picked up an acoustic guitar about 10 years ago when I started living in places with no space to set up the kit. Had a loaner electric from my bro for a number of years. Finally got an American Standard Strat 3 years ago.

Still prefer the drums for jamming. For those who enjoy super-heavy self-indulgent instrumental guitar stuff, I've placed a large MP3 on cadcam's FTP. I play all drums and all good percussion parts on this track. Picked the track to share for the guitar stuff, not the drums.

Misc Directory on FTP Site

Dan Ridley's New Age Noodlefest - 3 - Starry Night.mp3

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

SORRY for hijacking the thread, Bullines.

I did a xxxxor that was a retrofit on a moore jig grinder. Don't remember the model. I do remember it needing "R" instead of "I & J" and the program name had to match the header or it wouldn't run.

I bet this doesn't help Mr. Cam man, but it was on the subject.

Jim

Dave- if you don't have it allready download rescue me or bury me by Steve Vai. It's on the same road and one of my alltime favorites.

Sorry Chris. I'll k'wit it now!

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've got dial up...... frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

That's just wrong. I cant get DSL or Cable. I have to get Satellite if I want Braodband and it's spendy.

Maybe Jay could burn me a copy if it's OK with Dave. biggrin.gif

Writing the post is not the problem I am having, but understanding how the xxxxor 8025M control works. After much experimentation, I was able to get my program in the G18 plane to run, but not with tool length compensation instated in the G17 plane. It appears that the TLC is alway orthogonal to the defined plane and when using TLC in the G17 plane to start out, then switching to G18, the coordinates no longer are the same and I get an error code 40, arc doesn't pass through the defined points. If I take the G43 T.4 line out of my main program, the subroutine containing the G18 works fine, albeit at a higher Z elevation. This is not the way I've seen other controls work. Now I'm searching for a parameter that might control this behavior. If I find none, then my only recource seems to be to shift the coordinate system in Z only for each tool via user defined parameters - quite a pain. Thanks for everybody responses. If anybody knows something more, I'd be glad to hear it.