Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mill turn question

dan m

I finally got a post for our mill turn machine and was wondering if there was a easy way of programming somthing like a 45 degree flat on the face of a part in 6 places. I have done this a little but i thing there has got to be a easier way. to get it to work for me I create a solid than my 6 flats and have to change my construction plain for each flat. Is there a simpler way? any help appreciated. headscratch.gif

Transform will work with any operation type. So how ever you create the initial toolpath is fine. Then you simply select that operation to be transformed. I would ask you to email it to me but I'm no longer using a Seat with Turn, just mill 3 since I changed jobs. But I could send you a Mill example of how to use the transform if you like.

quote:"transform is not really my problem its more of getting my b axis cocked on 45 degrees to mill the flat"

Which axis you milling from? Z or X? There is an easier way to do it than transforming the tool path!

All you need is single lines of geometry along with the proper toolpath selection and MCX rotates it all for you.

Read through the short face contour section of the guide if that don't help then maybe Reece or I can. For Y just make sure you have the rotary axis "Y" selected though the rotary axis button.

In acrobat it starts on page 518 (type in 520 bottom center white box then enter)

You do need to have the geometry you want to machine present though. That you can trans/rotate!