Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

TOOL PATHS

faden

I'M ATTEMPTING TO GUT GROVES IN A PICE OF STEEL ALL THE GROVES CONECT TO EACH OTHER BUT RUN IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS I FIND THAT THE 2D STANDARD POCKET WILL DO THE JOB BUT HOW CAN I TELL IT WHERE TO START AND HOW DO I STOP IT FROM COMEING OUT OF THE GROVE AND PLUNGING INTO THE MATERIAL WHEN IT NEEDS TO CHANGE DIRECTIONS I WANT TO HAVE ONE PLUNG POINT AND ONE EXIT POINT

i have downloaded a sample of what i'm trying to cut it is called faden groves maybe some one can look at it and see what i'm missing i have tried ever thing that i can think of the groves are 5/16 wide and 1/4 deep we can cut the groves with a 5/16 flat end mill by telling the program the end mill is smaller then what it is but we want to be able to tell it where to start and have only one plunge point

that is close to what i need but is there any way to keep it from going around the places that have already been cut also i have tried the point toolpath and it will give me exactly what i want but i have no way to control the speed and feed of the tool is there some way that i can control them useing the point tool path

Short of creating a contour line and having your toolpath follow that, I don't know if what you are asking for is doable.

You could this but you'll have to create some geometry and then cut on the lines.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

quote:

but i have no way to control the speed and feed of the tool is there some way that i can control them useing the point tool path

are you trying to change your speed and feed through out your path?

if you want... save it as version 9 and email it to me unzipped and I will take a looky..