Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ctour.exe patch

JoeyW

I've just reciently downloaded and installed the new patch for 2D lead-in/out for V8. However, when I open a .MC8 file I've already created and regenerate the tool paths, the regenerate runs really slow. A message is displayed "Ctour.dll Special Application Sept 12 2000". Is this something I'm going to have to get used to when I regenerate existing MC8 files?

I have also downloaded the same file and have noticed even on new parts and toolpaths when you regen I get the same message "Ctour.dll Special Application Sept 12 2000".???????????? I would hope this will be rectified in the near future. From across the water JimP

The Apps patch means that Mastercam uses the special .dll instead of the internal functions. The message goes hand-in-hand with the update patch. You would see the same type of message using any of the Surface Machining Patches. All the Patches to date will be incorporated into V8.1. Until then if you want to use the latest and greatest software, you have to live with the regen times and the message.