Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

toolpaths transform

chad fisher

Fadal, eh?

Under Posts on this site, there is a multiple WCS repetition post. You'd have to 'Fadal-ize' it in the areas it differs from Fanuc.

Perhaps a cleaner way is to use the Mpfadal2 post that ships with V8.1. It claims to support subs. If it does, you can use the programming method from this thread:

Multiple Offsets & unrelated lathe question

Your offsets should change automatically, calling the subprogram for each tool or operation.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Toolpaths, Next Menu, Transform

Turn the following settings on:

Method: Toolplane

Work Offset Numbering: Assign New, Start =1, Increment = 1

Create new ops and geometry: Off

Works fine. Will automatically start incrementing work offsets from E1, E2, E3.... just like you want.

All code will be absolute. Each new Fixture Offset will create code in relation to the new offset.

I don't use subs much, so can't vouch for that. However, it appears to work if your post is set up for it.

Maybe it is because I save all my ops in batches to a library, I have used the "transform toolpath" a few times and find it much quicker to copy geometry to the offset points then call up the ops and apply chains to the ops. I can blaze through 6 sink cutouts with 5 cutters taking 2 passes each with about 4 minutes in programming time. IMHO transform toolpath takes longer. You end up with the same absolute output with no subs.

The program is longer than with subs but I don't have to worry about program length either....

2 pennies

By longer I meant in bytes.

[ 11-08-2001: Message edited by: JAMMAN ]