Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Placement of fixtures on Horizontal machines

Frank

Hi All: A quick question to all the experts. We allways run all our jobs on the horizontal machines, off the center of the rotary, and have made subplates for the rotory that has a 1" doweled center pin, that our fixtures set on. The 2 new machines we've gotten in reciently, have side bumps on the tables, do you ever use those to bump the side of a fixture, to calculate to the center, or what are they used for ?

Thanks and happy holidays,

cheers.gif

Frank

Really depends on what you feel comfortable with. I would use pins if putting the fixture in place. Bump stops have always been a problem in places I have seen. I have used them but alway had some sort of hole and straight edge to check the fixture with where as with pins I would load it and go. Now are you are worried about the of cetenr place I would treat it just like I do any other off center placement on go from there.

HTH