Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

zerro point for x-axis

freesbank

When i have a product for mill-turn and I have to clock a nok that have to kep in a strait position, I have to clock it straight and then how can I keep the ride zerro point on the C-axis?

Also with a tool change, how can I keep the same zerro point on the C-axis, is there a G code or so for that item?

the lathe is a mori seiki SL45

Greets from Holland

Peter

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

0 Degrees(on the machine) will be paralell to the cross slide. When you begin Milling and you call out a degree the spindle will orient itself. You will however need to figuire out a way to orient the part in the spindle if you have a feature that is at C0 on the part already such as a spotface on a casting. I would reccommend possiblly milling the jaws.

JM2C

P.S.: you may want to contact your dealer and have them make a "service call " to help you out with this. It's kind of hard to go through everything in a forum such as this for something like this.

P.S.S.: All applicable G-Codes are in your Mori Seiki Green Programming Manual. There's several pages of G-Codes, make sure you are looking at the right model AND control configuration. If you do not have a manual for that machine, you can contact Mori Seiki directly at their Germany Technical Training Center and more than likely they would be happy to fax you the correct G-Code/M-Code lists.

Hope that helps.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: James Meyette ]