Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cutter comp in post

Nathan G. Baldwin

a Post I'm working on currently turns on cutter comp in a rapid move after the toolchange, usually with the G54. The comp then remains on until the tool end. What I need to do is change this post so that the cutter comp is turned on with a feed move into the part, and turned off when feeding out of the part. any Ideas? I'm guessing I'll have to change the post to hold onto the value so that I can call it up in plinout$, and then put the cancel in ptoolend$, if the next move is a rapid.

Any ideas?

What post Nathan?

pccdia should be the variable that is turning on the cutter comp.

You could try removing it from the ptlchg section which is where I assume it is and placing it in the

prapidout,

plinout,

pcirout1,

phelout,

That's all the places I found it called out in the mpmaster,

[ 12-28-2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: jmparis ]

If you add a fourth variable to the string select table for the cutter comp, it'll call it with the last feed move of each cut instead of the end of tool stuff. So find your G40, G41, G42 table and add say:

sg140 G40

to the end of the list. If you're in X, make sure you change the 3 to a 4 in the fstrsel line to allow for the extra option.

the customer in this case wishes to utilize cutter comp for finishing passes. Thay allow mcam to generate the compensation for all of their rough cycles, but on the finishing paths they want to be able to use multiple tools with different radii at the machine. thay've asked me to modify the programming to suit this functionality.

Nathan,

I can see your customers point exactly. Being an ex. CNC Lathe guru. Ok not so ex. but working with mills now. I can see they're desire. Comping for a fixed radii in MC, can't compare to a wear radii at the machine. to correct x,z through radii

corrects angle taper when accuracy on such is needed.

I might be off key here, I remember comping a typical 2R.X 1Rz for distance from part. I used to program on paper for lathe. I have never used software for lathe. At one time I had comp formulae for xz comp in program. I never used it just too da_ed easy to use R. comp all the time.

Even on paper.

Maybe lathes have changed.Its been some time now for me. But I doubt it, comp. is comp.

I know this isn't much Help. I'm not a post guru.

I just understand they're objective. i hope there is some help here!

I do have a request though. I've a post named Surface Question? Input would be appreciated. I'd linky, but ignorance is bliss. OK I don't know how!

Chris