Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

"unable to extract at least one solid face"

Bill

I was writing toolpaths on these two solid blocks. It was going along fine.

I then went to 4 views to see if the printing problem was fixed. (it's not) so I started messing around. I clicked on combine views (no idea why) and since then I can not write on these solids which appear to be clean (no regen needed).

I get the error in the subject line of this topic.

Any ideas?

Bill,

I'm not sure I completely understand, but are you saying that after running CombineViews the solids are unusable? Exactly what is meant by "I can not write on these solids"? Does this mean you can't put toolpaths on them? Are the solids marked dirty in the Solid Manager tree? Does it look as if any geometry was actually changed (i.e. messed up?) by Combine Views?

Pete,

Yes it seems that after I did the combined view I could no longer write to the two solids. There was only two things that I had done that could call into question.

The other thing... I added a few surfaces from a solid face to raise them up .005 to protect a finish cut. I went back to the original geometery and tried to de-select the solids. It wouldn't work or de-select. So I let it go and created a new toolpath with the solids and the new surfaces and that's when I got the error.

The solids are not marked dirty. The original "good" toolpaths were not marked dirty.

I ended up creating surfaces form the solid to finsih writing the toolpaths.

Bump...

I have a new solid file and I am getting the same error. I have tried rough pocket with one set of boundaries and tested a parallel with a different boundary and both give me "unable to extract solid face".

• 4 months later...

Bump

quote:

So I let it go and created a new toolpath with the solids and the new surfaces and that's when I got the error.

It seems this is what my coworker did and is getting the same error. He got past the problem now, but I was wondering if anything came about on this error.

• 4 months later...

Was anything ever found out about this? Is this an issue that was corrected in X2?

I have had to go back to a program from May to move it to another machine in our shop. As a result, I had to change some tooling. In doing so, the regeneration of toolpaths started giving me these errors again. I even tried creating new toolpaths but unfortunately this time it didn't resolve the issue.

If X2 fixed this, I may be able to push our stressed out IT person to install it.

Thanks,

Rick