Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Coms between Cimco and Fanuc 10 T

Zoeper

Hi All,

Trying to establish coms between pc and controll.

Managed to get the receiving from control working flawlessly. When i try to send program from pc to controll Cimco shows that it is moving quite a bit of data, but then after about 2 seconds the controll gives an error "Data set ready down (rs232c_1)"

My reasoning is that if the controll can send to pc, then pc should be able to send to controll!

Settings that work for transmit:

4800baud, 7 data, 2 stop, odd parity and hardware handshaking

The old dos pgm they used with it is set up for :

4800baud, 8 Data, 1 stop, odd parity and i think HW handshake. [when i enter this into Cimco i get framing error on controll]

Anyone who knows this setup?? Please....

Thanx for that, the 19200 look a tad fast for this baby!( but i will try ) Is there any way of checking in the controll what it is set up for / or even change them controll side??

The settings for the dos programs ("serin" and "serout" are not the same, could it be that you can set up different parameters in the controll for sending and receiving?

John, no i think they were using the rs232 for input and output.

I have got the dos programs they used and the "serin" program works fine. The "serout"(used for sending to the machine works to some degree. Sometimes it would load my program completely. Sometimes it chops off the first few lines of code, sometimes it gives the "Data set ready down" error and chops off the end of the program.

That is the reason i'm trying to set up Cimco - to sort out the inconsistency problem.

Now with cimco i have got the receive from machine to work flawlessly. It is just the send to machine that is hassling me. Maybe i'm not following the correct procedure. I'm green with this stuff so the possibility is not to be overlooked!

What is more puzling is that the settings for receiving differ from Cimco to the Dos program - yet they both work headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

Mark: yes i am suspecting that you can have diferent settings in the controll for send and recieve, or maybe i have gone off my rocker cuckoo.gif

sent/receive at the machine should be similar...

another thing to try is maybe machine sends a ready signal to pc. In this case you need to check wait for xon in cimco, then you start the procedure at a pc and press send, go back to machine and press input...

edit