Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Toolbars missing

Joeyls319

Morning everyone

Got a question concerning toolbars. I'm starting to get into using "X" and still fumbling my way around. When I opened it up today all my toolbars are missing. When I opened up the - settings - customize menu nothing is listed in the windows for either the toolbars or the drop down/ right mouse sections.

I'm not sure what's going on.

We loaded the latest update.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Joey

We lost everything when updating to MR1 also. It reappeared after rebooting. If you have a copy of your .mtb file, put it back in the config folder and see what you get. That's where all your custom toolbars and layout settings are kept.

Thad

Thad

I just reloaded my .mtb files and everything came back.

It's weird, everything was there on saturday and today they were gone. I even tried rebooting and it didn't work.

I don't know what's going on, but my toolbars are back and all is good in the world.

Thanks for the reply Thad.

Joey

I knew I should have kept the SP1 update1 version I was using...

Man, I've had to redo the custom toolbars I had. Reloading and restarting didn't help so now I've wasted over an hour or so getting the toolbars and right-click menu dialed to where I like it. Now I cannot line up my custom toolbars behind one another. When I drag one behind another, it creates a whole new empty toolbar row below the last toolbar. Now I have 4 or 5 rows with 1 or 2 toolbars on each row, and a bunch of empty space behind them.

With SP1 I had all the toolbars I needed on two rows so I had a nice large screen for working on my geo.

Any hints as to how to get the toolbars parked behind each other again?.

TIA

Yes I mean "beside" I suppose. Screen resolution is still the same as before I updated to MR1. I've now got it down to 3 rows. But there is still room to have all toolbars on two rows, if you follow what I'm trying to type here smile.gif

I cannot park the toolbar with the ALL, ONLY, "window/single/etc select" behind(beside) the toolbar with the X,Y,Z coordinates...

No luck. I've just changed my resolution to the max possible (1600x1200) from 1280x1024 just to see if there was any other toolbars hidden but there were none. I've been able to get the two toolbars, mentioned above, on the same row once with the higher resolution but with a huge empty space in between them. It almost seems like the toolbars think they are a lot longer than they really are???

I just restarted mastercam again and now get:

The instruction at "0x10ab4d03" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

I've fiddled with it and now have all toolbars on two rows, just in a different order. I have had to put the aforementioned toolbars at the end(far right) of each row and it works. Saved under 2 different names and reopened and it's all good. I'll just have to get used to where the toolbars are now on the screen. At least I have the largest screen possible again.

It still seems to me that those 2 toolbars act longer than they appear to be...

Thanks for the help John cheers.gif