Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain TNCremoNT Software

J. Coe

Hello All,

Is anyone using the Heidenhain TNCremoNT software from Heidenhain's website for transferring files? I have a TNC-2500B controller and using Version 2.3.255 of the software and am not able to establish a connection between my 25 pin Bridgeport VMC 760/20 connection and 9 pin serial computer connection. I have wired a direct connect cable between the CNC and computer as shown in Heidenhains service manual (.pdf file also from their website). I sometimes get an "Unable to establish connection error" or the program just locks up. I have tried various changes in the machine parameter codes with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi J. Coe

We use TNCremoNT as well but use the ethernet setup. It works like a dream and was easy to setup. Two of our Heidenhain contollers TNC 426/430 have only 10mbit cards and the newer TNCi530 100mbit fast ethernet. I was able to get a transfer rate on the slower two just as fast as the TNCi530 by using the built in converter to convert ASCII code to binary format as it sends the code. All you need is a network card on your PC, create an IP address and put that address into your controller. If you are using an older model Heidenhain controller you will make a massive saving in transfer time if you set up the ethernet. e.g a file that would normally take 10 minutes to send will be there in 30 seconds.

HTH

Chipmakr, Johnny, BC10146,

Thanks for your replies. I will look at trying to set up the controller for an ethernet connection although I don't believe it is capable. The TNC2500 B controller was installed in 1993 or 1994. At first glance in Heidenhain's documentation, I didn't see that it would support ethernet. I will go back and re-read and research that avenue a little more. I may have overlooked something. I will also look to see if I can get hold of a newer software version as well, BC10146, and try that.

Thanks again for your help.