Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tools.tl8

bhyde

I guess I am looking for some opinions. Would it be better to modify the tools.tl8 file for each material. (I.E.) aluminum.tl8, 304ss.tlt etc...

I am finding that in modifying the materials library, that there are too many factors involved to just modify the one library. I have 3 different machine types in my particular shop with varied ranges for spindle and horsepower. In general, if I just modify the tools, they will be close to what I need with one caveat, the spindle and feedrate would be constant for all endmill operations like pocketing and contour. Any ideas or suggestions? frown.gif

Bill,

Actually that is exactly how I handle materials and tools.

I made up libraries:Aluminum.tl8, l21L14.tl8,

Stainless.tl8, etc, etc.

So in Job setup I do not pick material and I choose: feed calculation by tool.

When I machine 1018 I use tools from the 1018.tl8 library and so on.

The disadvantage to this method is you have to create alot of tools in alot of libraries as opposed to one library with all your tools.

But it works good for me. And I know exactly what feeds and speeds I will get because I entered them.

Andy