Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creating curves on trimmed nurb surfaces MCX

Ivan

When I try to create curves on trimmed nurb surfaces using the all edges option MCX freezes when I hit the green end selection button. Anyone know what my problem is? I don't get this problem with untrimmed surfaces. The cad model is not a solid it is made up as trimmed nurb surfaces.

Ivan,

What's the video card on the system you're using? Sounds like it could be a video card or driver issue. When was the last time you updated the drivers? While you're at it, tell us what the specs of the system are and we should be able to narrow it down. HTH cheers.gif

Ivan,

What is the driver date for that card? Traditionally, consumer market ATI cards have not played well with Mastercam. The Fire GL seemed to be a good card but it still may need to have the driver updated to run optimally with Mcam X. Everything else appears to be OK for running Mcam X. If you want, try turning the Hardware Acceleration down a few notches and see if that helps. It's not something you want to do all the time but it may help for the moment. If the driver is old, definitely get it updated. That should help no matter what. Let us know how you do. HTH cheers.gif

Ivan,

Can you upload the file to cadcam's FTP so we could look it over? Or e-mail it to me directly. I don't have any problems generating edge curves on any surfaces. I still believe it's related to your video card or video driver for said card. Did you check the driver date like I had suggested earlier? Are you using Mcam X MR1? HTH cheers.gif