Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Two Speed and Feed for the same tool

BijuGeorge

Hi all,

I have Step drill (Form tool) to drill up to, let us say, 4.5" deep. I want to change (decrease) the speed-Feed when the tool reaches, let us say, 3.5".

I am very new to MasterCAM, is there a method to configure two speed feed for an operation Or How can I get this change in speed feed?

Another ? is

I want to drill holes (1/2" dia 2 Deep) on three faces of block, I want the center drill to create center marks on all the three faces in one go and change the tool to 1/2" Drill and do the drilling. How can I do this in MasterCAM?

Thanks!

The quickest way to addresss the change of speed & feed on the drill is to create 2 ops.

The 1st op to the depth you want the change to occur. The 2nd one in the same hole but to the final depth at the 2nd set of speeds & feeds. You could set uour R plane on the 2nd op to start where the 1st op ends.

To work on different faces the best way is to use T planes for the different faces.

If you do a search on setting T planes you should find a great deal of information.

HTH

1) Both the operations uses the same tool and I can specify the speed feed with the tool only, So it is going to use the same value for both the operations. How can I specify Operation specific feed-speed for same tool?

2) I do create different Tool Planes for different faces (LEFT, Top, Front etc). But when I post it I get NC code face wise. Do I need to use some special post (custom) to machine multiple faces simultaneously?

I am new to Master CAM and I am a software programmer automating the creation of hydraulic manifold CAM Model in Mastercam from a CAD Model.

Thanks.