Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Another Level Mngr Question

Lloyd

I really like the level selection box down on the status bar.

But when I pick a level from the pop up menu it sets it as main level, but doesn't make it visible. Any geometry created after switching levels this way disappears until you go back to the level manager the traditional way and exit back out. Setting the level to visible while in the level manager is not necessary, just go in a out an the geometry shows up.

Is this a bug or am I just missing something?sible?

In your level manager, if you have "make main level visible" checked, then what ever level you set as main should be visible.

To have a level # available you either need to have geometry on it or have a name set for it. If there is no name and no geometry, you do not have a level.

The Make Main Level Always Visible box is checked. And I do have the level named and there are entities on it. It just doesn't become visible when I select it from the status bar window and any new geometry I create disappears until I go into the level manager (Alt+z) and exit it again (green check mark).

You are correct, clicking on the number in the level box will make the main "drawing" level.

If you want to actually see the level you have to go into the level manager and click it over to visible.

It does seem kind of funny because if you go back into the level manager it has hightlighted the blanked level as main, it is not visible even though that box is ticked.

hmmmmmmm????

Question for CNC me thinks.

Is this working as designed? If so, what is the intent? If not, it's probably a bug.

-------

"when I pick a level from the pop up menu it sets it as main level, but doesn't make it visible. Any geometry created after switching levels this way disappears until you go back to the level manager the traditional way and exit back out....The Make Main Level Always Visible box is checked. And I do have the level named and there are entities on it. It just doesn't become visible when I select it from the status bar window and any new geometry I create disappears until I go into the level manager (Alt+z) and exit it again (green check mark)."

--------

Yep - the steps described above are indeed a bug and it'll be fixed for MR2