Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks 2005 to X MR1/SP2

DC Gorn

After waiting a long time I have made the jump to X. I have run into a problem. With my SW2005 I used MCDirect and most of the time it worked good. With X the MCdirect will not startup Mastercam at all and the first model I did the .SFB file save but when i opened it in mastercam it has dropped features.

I know I can do parasolid but I use the solids tree infact I use it a lot with familys of parts. I just edit my extruded shapes open up the solids tree regen and repost. With parasolids I just get a brick.

Win XP SP2

SW 2005 SP3.0

MC X MR1/SP2

DC Gorn,

We do try to support Linear and Circular Patterns in MCDirect for Solidworks - we can't make patterns of them in the Mastercam tree, but we can bring each one in as individual features. Several bugs have been logged against Pattern handling, especially in nested Patterns (i.e. a Circular Pattern of Linear Patterns) and in Linear Patterns who's direction is defined by an 'edge'. I think you'll find that this is greatly improved in X MR2, but in the meanwhile, could you send me ([email protected]) a sample or 2 of problem SW parts where you're not seeing good results in Mastercam X?