Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids in Verify

DavidB

David I don't know if this will work for you when I do fixture and table layouts I use boolean add to make them all 1 solid and then select that 1 solid to verify with.

If the solids happen to not touch, you might try addiing a very samll stick between tem to be able to join them.

The billet solids are in position on a tombstone for a Horizontal.The billet solids are on differant faces of the tombstone.

Just being able to pick more than 1 solid for stock would be nice.

Would be nice also to bring in Fixtures sepperate so if the fixture is touched by the tool it alarms.

David,

+1 on the Fixtures option.

As to the solids, another option is to save them all as an STL and choose that as your stock. No doubt, this is more time consuming for a single set-up, but it comes in handy in some situations, especially for a set-up you use frequently.

quote:

Would be nice also to bring in Fixtures sepperate so if the fixture is touched by the tool it alarms.

Use you boolean add completed setup and machine the parts on it, set the fixture surfaces as check surfaces and set a distance. This would accomplish what you're trying, wouldn't it?

BTW +1 on the fixtures option, may happen eventually, just not here yet.

It's not perfect, I know, but if you want to accomplish something, it'll work I suppose

cheers.gif

This is one of the things I LOVE about MC, if you want to get it done, there is probably a way.

NX is the same way, I agree it is a great asset that the software posesses. I have an opportunity to play with WF2, don't know if I will or not yet.

All in all though the ease of use issues in NX is what killed it for me.

Let us know what you think about it as you move thru it.