Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NetHASP issue

88Matt

check your network, if communications drop out for the right second it should tell you that the sim has become disconnected.

Not to steer this post or anything, but it brings the question of whether or not you can change the timeout value used when mcam looks for the nethasp.

I've often wondered about this.

You also may have a non-static IP at your PC where the nethasp is located, if so, your IP address could change and when it does (if you have setup a static IP in the nethasp.ini file) you would have to remove the call to a specific IP from the .ini. I would look into that possibility as well.

shouldn't. However, when updating the hasp with new codes(i.e. maintenance or perm codes) that has to be done at the pc to which the hasp is connected.

In addition, If your net hasp server is running on a separate PC from the one the hasp is connected to it will likely give you some trouble. However, it's been my experience that as long as you can read the hasp the first time, it usually sticks unless something changes, like an update for security, or the IP of the server.

For starters you can update the hasp on the server.

I have never seen any one put the nethasp on a diffrent computer and the Service run on another computer.the service has to run as a service or an app on the same PC or server as the key is to work.

I have seen latancy issue on netwoks that cause dropping. are they running switchs or Hubs as that can cause some this issue as it is looking every were for the key hub.

Also if you are TCIP look at setting the Nethasp .INI file to look at the direct IP address this forces it to go right to the sorce and can help the issue.