Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

turning rapids into looping feed moves

somename75

I have not used the new toolpaths yet, but was very interested in the way that you can change linear rapids with some of the surface toolpaths. We do not do a great deal of 3D work here but I was looking for a way to get rid of all the linear rapids in some of our programs. We just got a new horizontal that is fast as H$ll, and it is very noticable when it has to stop at each leg of a rapid move. I am looking for a way to change the rapids on all toolpaths including contour and drilling to arc moves. Any advice apreaciated

Its a Mazak 6800 with a 640m control and a 330 tool hive and a 6 pallet pool. We bought just about every option available. Laser offseter, probe, full 4rth, geared head, and just about all the control options with the exception of the mazatrol crap.

Bernie, I will dig around in the books to look for the exact stop. It might help, but I have a feeling that arcs would still be faster. Thanks for the replys guys, keep em coming if you have any other ideas