Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Shading...how to save a new material

El Scotthead

I know this has come up before, but I can't find it with a search.

I need to shade my model with a material(as opposed to a color in shading settings). It's for a brochure. I can create the new material no problem, and get it just how I want it. But as soon as I close out Mastercam(or it crashes), I lose the material. How do I get it to stick?

thanx.

scott

X mill 3 MR1 solids

scott this is a long shot but after ya have created the new material (which I am taking since its gonna be a scren shot it is more the colour you are looking for. Have ya tried to save the colour I know in 9 you can make custom colours. After the colour is saved to yor palette just go back to that palette when needed change properties to fit and ya should be home free if this is what you are looking for

I did actually create a custom color to use. I can't seem to get exactly the look the boss wants with it, but close enough. A little photoshopping will probably do the trick.

It's frustrating because I've created a custom material before called "scott"(imaganitive, huh?). Scott is still in my list of materials with which to shade. Maybe it's an MR1 thing?

Edit: I just tried creating the material in V9. It won't stick there, either. So, it's probably something I'm doing wrong.