Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX, Highfeed, STL

Matthew

I'm having an issue using highspeed with mcx and an STL file for stock.

I've uploaded a file "1931_jaws.zip" to the MCX folder on the FTP site.

If I open this file, select the single operation under the toolpath group "mill-relief" and verify it, using the jaw-op60.stl file as stock, it shows the part exactly how it should be and the verification looks great.

Now if I click the highfeed button, select the jaw-op60.stl file to use as stock, and check "draw stl", it shows the STL file in the wrong position.

Has anyone encountered this before? Can anyone reproduce this on my file? This STL file has been saved from verifying my part through the various operations. I've used WCS on all the different orientations and have never xformed my STL. Everything works great in Verify, just this highfeed that shows the part in the wrong position.

Also, on the same file, if I highlight one of the 2D swept toolpaths from "mill-chamfer" toolpath group, click on highfeed, then "stock setup" (if you get that far), Mastercam completely shuts down.

I opened both the MCX and the STL in Mastercam X MR-1.

In the Top view of the Top WCS the STL is positioned towards the Right side. In the MCX your solid (and rect. stock) is positioned towards the Front. Is that normal? I've never used a STL as stock before.

From what I can tell the STL file might need to be oriented from the "Left Side".

I couldn't access the Highfeed parameters.

dwsz71,

The STL stock should be in the same position as my geometry (surfaces in my case, I don't have solids). This STL was created from verifying the various operations. I don't think I should need to orient the STL file, since it shows up in the proper position when I verify the operation. That is how it worked in V9.

Bellyup,

I can still run the highfeed, however if the stock is not positioned properly the it won't slow the tool down in the proper places where there is material. With the operation I asked to me checked, I would not typically use highfeed on that. Where I originally wanted to use it was on the operations that (after a while of trying various things) started to crash Mastercam when I went into the highfeed setup screens.

I've also sent the question to my re-seller so we'll see if they come up with anything.

Thanks guys!

• 1 month later...