Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

wcs & post variables

Charlie Pierson

VMC w/ Fanuc example:

If I design a job where Mcam's world origin is the same as the VMC's origin, is it possible to access

post-processor variables that would fill in these blanks.

Mcam's wcs1 -> G10l20P1X________Y________ Z__________

Mcam's wcs2 -> G10l20P2X________Y________ Z__________

Mcam's wcs3 -> G10l20P3X________Y________ Z__________

|

|

|

Mcam's wcs48 -> G10l20P48X________Y________ Z__________

etc.

If so , what are the post-processor variables ??

headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

cp

Charlie,

Try mcwfo_x, mcwfo_y, mcwfo_z...

These should get you what you want, but if you are trying to output a G10 line you will have to do some stuff with buffers as they only apply to the current offset.

Hope it helps.

Jason

Whoops, those were my variables - heres what they really are...

mcwfo_x = corgx

mcwfo_y = corgy

mcwfo_z = corgz

No problem John cheers.gif

I wasn't looking for a pat on the back I just wanted to give him a little info on it, and have him actually beleive me.

I have severl customers using the G10 post for VMC's and HMC's all with posative feedback. The only real difference between the VMC and HMC versions is to output a "B 0.0" after each X, Y, and Z location.

A little more info for you. The WCS origin represents G53 X0. Y0. Z0. and must never change. Your tplane/cplane origin is what populates the G10 list. The variables used are tox, toy, and toz which are the tplane origin values.So draw your fixture/parts in Mastercam as they sit on the machine table. It also uses the workofs value to determine which G10 is which.

workofs 0 = G10 P1

workofs 1 = G10 P2

workofs 2 = G10 P3

etc...

You first op can use work offset 5, the next use workoffset 2, the next use work offset 3 and it doesn't matter. The G10 list will be populated correctly in order. And it will only be populated with G10's that are being used.

HTH

Charlie, if you don't mind me asking, what is the application? I've always thought that if more people understood how G10's worked and what it could do for them more people would use them. Granted it has the most benefits for tombstone work but still very useful on VMC's. Modular fixturing is a real good target for G10's also. The only problem with G10's is coming up with the X, Y, and Z locatiosn and this post pretty much takes care of it.