Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Custom Drill Ops

Hey All,

Ok, so I'm starting to dig into modifying a post and have a question on a custom drill cycle. The post I'm modifying is the Generic Fanuc 4x.

I have set up a custom drill cycle for rigid tapping using G93 under what appears to be custom drill cycle 9: Control Definition > Text > Mill Drill Cycles > column labeled [drill cycle 9]. I see *NO* [drill cycle 8] just [misc2] to the left and [drill cycle 10] to the right.

The issue I have is that in the post, I have to set up drill cycle 8 to get the correct output...not 9...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

John

To try to answer your question John,

Whenever I create a custom cycle, I always start at #9, I know 8 is somehow available but I always end up leaving it and starting with 9.

Just my way around it.

You can try using this to see what cycle you are actually out putting

code:

~drillcyc, e$ 

if drillcyc$ = 10,

place the ~drillcyc, e$

before the cycle call and it will force out which cycle has been called in the post.