Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

igs translation

Tim Pruett

Our designer here creates the drawings we use in Auto-Cad. He creates threaded holes by clicking and dragging "blocks" of entities that make up the threaded holes, which are already drawn and saved. When he finishes a drawing it gets saved to the network under the job # as an igs file. When I import them into X, it doesn't import the "blocks". How can I get it to import these properly? Thx in advance. headscratch.gif

That post was mine. The main problem I had then was importing igs part models. I now recieve them as stp files and don't have a problem. However, all of the drawing files we use are on the network as igs files. I've never had a problem in the past with these importing correctly. I figure I must have changed something accidently in the MD or CD. I've been trying differen't things with them latley. But I really don't see what either of those files would have to do with importing igs files.

Sorry, didn't even notice it was your post. You may have already tried this but check in the options box beside files of type after you pick Iges, see if there is anything in the masking that may help you.

I know it will be a pain to have to save all the old files as something else just to open in MCAM X. Unfortunatly it may be the only option.

No problem Mike. I did already check the options box. I have everything checked so nothing gets left out. Didn't help. Oh well. Our designer acted like it wasn't a big deal for him to put an autocad drawing on the network. I just hate having to go to him on every job I get. Part of it I quess. Thanks for the help though.