Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Locked toolpath?

I'm in the process of creating toolpaths and I noticed a little grey icon (looks like a camera or a lock--hard to tell for sure) has appeared next to each operation in 2 of my toolpath groups--not all--and somehow its preventing me from posting these operations. When I click on the G1 icon to post selected operations, the Post Processing form pops up and when I click ok, nothing happens. First time this has ever happened. I must have inadverdantly clicked on something that has locked these operations out somehow. Anyone have any idea how to unlock them? I don't see anything in the right click dropdown that seems to help. Thanks!

Look for the little ghost and highlight your ghosted ops and click on the ghost, should unghost them

2nd row of icons in your op manager, 3rd from the left

Bruce Kanzelmeyer,

It sounds like you may have accidentally typed a key on the keyboard which could have "locked" the toolpath while you were in the Operations Manager. What version of Mastercam are you using? Is there any way you can upload the file to the FTP site above and tell us where you put it so we can look at the file directly? I'd be happy to look it over if you e-mail it to me. I can't guarantee I'll have a chance to look at it anytime soon as I'm conducting a training class today. If you can upload it to the FTP, more users will get a chance to look it over and help you with it. HTH cheers.gif

I use ghosts on some toolpaths to simulate previously removed material, or a pocket boundary on a plunge mill. If you use transform and copy and suppress ops, you'll get ghosts too.