Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G51 look ahead?

KalCam

New cnc programmer, new 5-Axis router, recipe for disaster eek.gif Im having problems with cornering, router seems to start corner before actually getting there. Currently my post outputs G51 at .002 for xxxxor control. Should it be lower like .0005? Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

MainFrame, your line of code should look like this on the G51 line.

G51 A100 E.001

This is from a xxxxor 8055 control so it may be slightly different on other xxxxor controls. I don't remember what the A is for, maybe look ahead lines but I don't have my manual at home. The E is your cornering tolerance and any less than .001 the 8055 will give you trouble. We used to build our routers with the xxxxor controls. What brand of router are you programming anyway?

Tommyd, the router is a DMS 5x10x36" xxxxor 8055 control from your backyard in Texas heehee. Router is used mostly for trimming vacuum-formed plastic parts. My post dosent output the A100, not sure if its supposed to yet. Thanks for the warning if set below .001, so much to learn, so little time left before the heat from above is turned up on me.